Monday, September 1, 2014

Hello everyone!  My name is Christopher Long and the purpose of my blog is to explore the relationship between mass media and politics.  I will be employing a variety of resources to help us better understand how the two intersect and in doing so will examine exactly what that means for the American public.  I have long been cynical of the relationship as I feel that it is a detriment to the country and its people.  However, I still have some hope that it may change, but am a firm believer that it will take an effort from all of us.
The design of my blog stems from a hope that the media will take a more neutral stance in regards to politics.  The fire in the background represents the media asking the tough questions that will put the politicians feet on the fire.  My news feed is from Real News which presents all sides of the argument.  The weekly polls will gather opinion on various changes in media and politics from participants with various political beliefs.  They are not limited to just people on one side of the divide like those of Fox News or CNN.  I look forward to the evolution of my blog and welcome any educated feedback, comments or criticisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment